Bird Scooters Have Arrived!
BIRD Electric Scooters
Bird scooters are here in the City of Menasha! Scooters are available through mobile phone application and riders pay to use the scooter per minute, at no cost to the City. Bird scooters are for residents and visitors to help reduce carbon emissions, to provide a safe and fun way to get around our city, and offer residents without automobiles another transportation option.
At this time, Bird scooters are only operated in a limited area of the City and shall not be used on any off street paved trails until further notices. Please see map below for operational areas and preferred parking spots.
Bird and any other scooter companies are independent entities that are not affiliated with our municipality. Please see the following information for how to contact Bird if you have any questions/concerns.
- Stay off the sidewalks, use a bike lane
- Park responsibly, preferably:
- At preferred parking spots (see map below)
- At your nearest bike rack out of the right-of-way
- Ride solo, only one rider per scooter
- Riders must be 18 or older
Use this Beginner's Guide to learn how to safely ride, park, and experience the benefits of Bird scooters.
Bird Contact Methods:
- Call 1-866-205-2442 for the 24/7 support line
- Email general support: email@example.com
- Bird App: Community Mode allows anyone with a Bird account to report or provide feedback on vehicle-related issues such as poorly parked or damaged vehicles in their area. You will be asked to provide the Bird ID number and the specific issue you’re experiencing, then one of our team members will be assigned to correct the issue. You can access Community Mode by tapping the yield sign on the bottom left of the Bird map.
Free Rides for Healthcare Workers and Emergency Personnel
Bird is proud to offer free rides to healthcare workers and emergency personnel. To sign up, simply email a copy of your medical identification card along with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible riders will receive two free 30-minute rides per day for as long as it takes to help our communities to recover from this global health crisis.
The Community Pricing Program offers a 50% discount to low-income riders, Pell grant recipients, select local nonprofit and community organizations, veterans, and seniors. It’s designed to be an inclusive micromobility discount program. To sign up for this program, you must create an account and email proof of eligibility to email@example.com.
To stay up to date with the latest from Bird: www.bird.co/blog
City of Menasha Operational Zones & Preferred Parking