2021 Open Book and Board of Review
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 from 8:00am - 12:00pm (Noon) - Appointments by phone only
- Thursday, May 6, 2021 from 3:00pm - 7:00pm - Appointments by phone only
The City's Statutory Assessor, Associated Appraisal, will provide specific dates to discuss how they arrived at your assessed value.
If you wish to speak with an appraiser, please call Associated Appraisal at 920-967-3638 to schedule an appointment during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM).
To schedule an appointment before the Board of Review, please complete the Notice of Intent to File Objection and Objection Form for Real Property Assessment and return them both to the City Clerk’s office
at least 48-hours prior to the Board of Review.
Please do not attend the Board of Review Meeting in-person if any of the following apply:
- If you are sick or experiencing any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, respiratory congestion, etc.)
- If you are quarantined or have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If you are among those who have been identified by health officials as being particularly susceptible to the virus
- If you have traveled outside the State of Wisconsin or been in contact with anyone who may have contracted the virus in the past 4 weeks
Board of Review
The Board of Review functions like a court in that it is required to evaluate evidence based on facts. You must provide factual information showing your property is incorrectly assessed.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
Wisconsin law states, “Instead of appearing in person…the board of review may allow the property owner… to appear before the board, under oath, by telephone or to submit written statements, under oath, to the board” (Wis., Stats., 70.47(8)).
Please contact the municipal clerk for more information on accommodations to file objections remotely by phone, or to file objections in writing.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment before the Board of Review, please complete the following:
- Notice of Intent to File Objection
- Objection Form for Real Property Assessment
All completed documents MUST be returned to the City Clerk’s office at least 48-hours prior to the Board of Review. Be sure to provide factual information showing your property is incorrectly assessed.
For more information about property assessment and taxation in Wisconsin, please review Guide for Property Owners provided by the Department of Revenue.