City of Menasha Trick-or-Treat 2020 Recommendations
With extremely high levels of COVID19 circulating in the Fox Cities, the City of Menasha, in consultation with its Health Department, recommend that you do not trick-or-treat door to door this year. We will not be setting any official City-wide trick-or-treat hours. We recommend you and your family choose less-risky alternatives for celebrating Halloween.
- Virtual pumpkin carving contest
- Drive through haunted house
- Drive through neighborhoods looking at Halloween decorations in your community
- Outdoor corn mazes while maintaining safe physical distancing
- Watch Halloween movies with people you live with, or online with your friends
- Decorate your home with Halloween decorations
- Make Halloween-theme treats and baked goods
- Indoor Halloween scavenger hunt with the people in your household
The City of Menasha Health Department does not recommend gathering in groups for Halloween celebrations with people you do not live with. We recommend avoiding in-person indoor celebrations, happy hours, or socializing at bars.
If, despite our recommendations, you choose to gather in a group, follow Wisconsin DHS and CDC guidance. Be sure there are 10 or fewer people, and:
- Keep the gathering outdoors
- Wear a cloth mask
- Maintain a 6 foot distance
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds often
- If you have any symptoms of illness, do not participate in any gatherings and stay home.
If you currently have COVID-19, were exposed to someone with COVID-19, or are awaiting test results, do not participate in any gatherings and stay home.
Note: Hometown Halloween, the downtown business trick-or-treat has been canceled for 2020.