Environmental Health / Licensing
This program has the responsibility for inspections of eating, drinking, and retail food establishments; inspections of public swimming pools; monitoring lead and asbestos hazards; assuring safe drinking water especially at the community well; indoor air quality concerns; elimination of public health hazards; and enforcement of weights and measures standards for consumer protection.
The health department receives grants to help fund the environmental health programs. In addition, the health department collects annual permit fees to cover the cost of the inspection programs in the eating, drinking, retail food establishments, weights and measures establishments, etc.
For additional information or questions about the services provided by environmental health, please call Todd Drew RS at 967-3520.
National Weights and Measures Week Press Release
Guidance for Food Service Establishments
EPA's Registered Antimicrobial Products Effective Against Norovirus
Clean-Up of Vomit and Diarrheal Events
Vomit and Diarrhea Cleaning Procedure Template
Clean-Up Kit Contents
Clean-Up and Disinfection for Norovirus ("Stomach Bug")
COVID-19 UPDATES FOR RESTAURANTS & RETAIL FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS
Quick Start Guide: State Agents and Restaurants
Updates on Certified Food Protection Manager Requirements (DATCP)
- Wisconsin EBT Equipment Program: Access to point-of-sale equipment and software, free to retailers under grant initiative
- Reopening Guidance for Restaurants and Food Service (WEDC)
- Restaurants and Bars Reopening Decision Tree (CDC)
- Best Practices for Re-Opening Retail Food Establishments during the COVID-19 Pandemic (FDA)
- Re-Open Checklist (WI Restaurant Association)
- COVID-19: Food Supply, Delivery and Recreational Facilities (DATCP)
- Information from the Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection on Food Related Issues
- Recommendations for Lodging Establishments during COVID-19 (DATCP)
- Recommendations for Reopening Restaurants, Retail Businesses during COVID-19 (DATCP)
- 3/20/2020 Emergency Order #8 Updated Mass Gathering Plan
- 3/17/2020 Note to City of Menasha Restaurant/Grocery Store Operators from City of Menasha Registered Sanitarian
- 3/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, All restaurants and bars are required to close. Pick-up and delivery services may operate.