Registering to vote is easy!
- Step 1: Complete the WI Voter Registration Application or visit MyVote.com to register online
- Step 2: Provide a copy of acceptable proof of residence
- Step 3: Mail or drop-off your Voter Registration Application and proof of residency at the City Clerk's office
The City Clerk's Office is located at 100 Main Street, Suite 200 (2nd floor of Menasha City Center).
For additional information regarding voter registration, please visit the Wisconsin Election Commission's webpage or MyVote.com.
When can I register to vote?
- By mail up until 20 days before an election
- Online up until 20 days before an election if your Wisconsin Driver's License or ID is up to date with the DMV
- In person at the City Clerk's Office up until the Friday before an election
- At your polling place on Election Day
What is a Proof of Residence?
Proof of residence is a document that shows your name and current address. You must have lived at this current address for at least ten (10) days. Below is a list of acceptable proof of residence:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver license
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder
(Note: does not include business cards).
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day
- A university, college, or technical institute identification card, which includes a photo, only if the bearer provides a fee receipt
dated within the last nine months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (i.e. a utility bill) that is not more than 90 days old on election day
- A bank or credit card statement
- A paycheck/pay stub
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government