Victim Crisis Response Team
This program is multi-jurisdictional cooperative effort of the Menasha, Neenah, Appleton, Kaukauna, Grand Chute, Hortonville, Fox Valley Metro, Village of Fox Crossing, Seymour, Freedom, Shiocton Police Departments as well as the Winnebago and Outagamie County Sheriff's Offices.
The Fox Cities Victim Crisis Response Team (VCR) is a volunteer organization designed to assist local police departments in providing support services to victims, witnesses and family members of crime victims. Volunteers provide immediate comfort, support and referral information to people who have been victimized by a crime or involved in a critical event or trauma.
The Victim Crisis Response (VCR) Mission Statement: The Victim Crisis Response Program exists to provide advocacy, support and assistance to crime victims and witnesses and their families. Volunteers are essential to maintaining this program.
We are committed to providing high quality services to the public and law enforcement communities. Therefore, instruction in the basic understanding of aiding the crime victim is mandatory for all personnel that would be participating in the program.
- Initial emotional support to victim.
- Information on the status of the investigation, victim rights,availability of other support agencies and referral information for further professional services.
- Liaison between the victim (or family, etc.) and law enforcement personnel.
- Phone calls to arrange shelter, making contact with family members or clergy, child care or other necessary services.
- Immediate contact with other victim service agencies.
- Handout materials that will assist the victim.
For more information on becoming a Victim Crisis Response volunteer please contact John Wallschlaeger at (920) 967-3549 or by Email.