Paint and Restore Program
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- exterior painting of the primary structure, detached garage, or accessory building (shed)
- painting or staining of porches, railings, decks, or fences
- demolition and removal of structures deemed dilapidated by the city building inspector
- re-roofing and/or residing of the primary building, detached garage, or accessory building (shed)
- repair or replacement of existing windows on the primary building, detached garage, or accessory building (shed)
- repair or reconstruction of existing interior sidewalks or masonry steps
All applicants must submit a completed application in order to be considered for a Paint and Restore Grant. A completed application includes:
- A completed Pre-Documentation Form must include an itemized description of your proposed project and estimated cost for each item. Any item not listed on this worksheet will not be considered for reimbursement. If the project is to be completed by a contractor, a copy of their estimate to complete the work must be attached.
- Before photos of the proposed projects. Items will not be considered if before photos are not submitted. Digital photos are acceptable.
- A completed W-9 form must be submitted in order to be eligible for this program. This form is required by the city in order to process any reimbursement requests.
- A signed Contract for Service Form must be submitted. If approved, the Paint and Restore Program Coordinator will sign and send back to the applicant.
- A Final Reimbursement Form and after photos must be submitted showing the completed project.
- Properties that have received grant funds in a previous year are not eligible for additional funds.
- Owner-occupied property participants must provide a minimum of 100% matching funds. Owner-occupied rental properties will be treated as owner-occupied in regards to the requirement of providing the 100% match. Proof of current occupancy will be required.
- Non-owner-occupied (rental) property participants may receive a grant, not to exceed $1,000.00 but must provide a minimum of 200% matching funds.
- No new items are eligible for projects under this program.
- Fixing dog houses or installing landscaping are not eligible expenses under this program.
- Applications will not be awarded to properties that have open or issued Correction Orders with the City. Applications that are submitted for projects that will close Correction Orders may be considered.