Registering to vote is easy! You need to provide a WI ID and a proof of residence.
The voter registration form can be downloaded here or picked up in the Clerk's office (Second floor of Menasha City Center located at 100 Main Street.
You may also register online at MyVote.com, however, this is only an option if your address and other information is up to date with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
If this information is not up to date, you may begin the registration process at MyVote.com. Keep in mind that your application will be pending and cannot be processed until you provide the Clerk's office with a proof of residence.
Voter Registration Form English
Voter Registration Form Spanish
Voter Registration Form Hmong
When can I register to vote?
You can register by mail up until 20 days before an election. (Current Deadline: January 31, 2018)
You can register online up until 20 days before an election if your Wisconsin Driver's License or Identification Card is up to day with the DMV. (Current Deadline: January 31, 2018)
You can register in the Clerk's Office until the Friday before an election. (Current Deadline: February 16, 2018)
You can register at the polls on Election Day. (Next election is February 20, 2018)
What is a Proof of Residence?
A proof of residence is a document that shows your name and current address. You need to have lived at this current address for at least ten (10) days.
Here is a list of acceptable proof of residency:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver license
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder. This does not include a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day.
- A university, college, or technical institute identification card, which includes a photo, only if the bearer provides a fee receipt dated within the last nine months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (i.e. a utility bill) that is not more than 90 days old on election day
- A bank statement
- A paycheck/pay stub
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.