This code contains a recodification of the general and permanent ordinances
of the City of Menasha, Wisconsin.
Source materials used in the preparation of the Code
were the 1989 Code, as
supplemented by ordinances subsequently adopted by the Common Council. It
contain any legislative history. The official minutes of the Common Council
contain any legislative history.
The numbering system used in this Code is the same system
used in many state and local
government codes. The numbering is by: Title - Chapter - Article; such
as 15 - 1 - A. If
a Chapter does not have any articles, then it is designated by 0. Each
section consists of
two parts separated by a dash. The figure before the first dash refers
to the chapter
number and the figure after the first dash refers to the position within
the chapter. Thus,
the second section of Chapter 1 is 1 - 2 and the first section of Chapter
4 is 4 - 1. Under
this system, each section is identified with its chapter and at the same
time new sections
or even whole chapters can be inserted in their proper place by using another
articles and new divisions will be numbered in the same way and may be
placed at the
end of the chapter embracing the subject, and, in the case of divisions,
may be placed at
the end of the article embracing the subject. The next successive number
assigned to the new article or division.
Indices and Search Mechanisms
The indices have been prepared with
the greatest of care. Each particular item has been
placed under several headings, some of which are couched in lay phraseology,
legal terminology and still others in language generally used by local
officials and employees. There are numerous cross references within each
stand as guideposts to direct the user to the particular item in which
the user is interested.
Search mechanisms work in the same manner as most Internet search engines.
A special feature of this publication is the ability to maintain updates as
soon after passage and publication as possible. With this system, the publication
will be kept up-to-date. Subsequent amendatory legislation will be inserted
bi-monthly. The date of the latest update appears above.
The City Attorney and the City Clerk maintain a hard copy of this code along
updates and amendments. For any questions, please contact either the City
Clerk or City
The Code, as published at this web-site does not contain certain sections
produced in this format. These include:
- All Ordinances of the Neenah-Menasha Sewerage Commission.
- Any charter ordinances.
- All zoning designations for individual parcels and the zoning map.
- Annexations by legal description.
- Legal descriptions of the boundary of the City.
- Any right or franchise granted by the Common Council to any person, firm,
or corporation, specifically cable television.
- Any ordinances or resolutions dedicating, naming, establishing, locating,
relocating, opening, closing, paving, widening, vacating any street or public
way in the City.
- Any ordinance or resolution establishing or prescribing street grades of
any streets in the City.
- Any ordinance or resolution providing for local improvements or assessing
taxes or special assessments.
- Any ordinance or resolution dedicating or accepting any plat or subdivision
in the City.
- Any ordinance or resolution promising or guaranteeing the payment of money
for the City.
- Any appropriation ordinance or resolution.
- The issuance of Corporate bonds and notes of the City of whatever name or
- Water, sewer, and electric rates, rules and regulations and sewer and water
- Any flood plain designation or maps.
- City of Menasha Emergency Operations Plan.